Tractebel, part of ENGIE group, has more than 150 years of experience and is one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies. Our high-level engineering and advisory services offer added value across the full cycle of urban projects such as cities, transport, buildings and complex structures, water infrastructure, geo-engineering and environment. Tractebel's ambition is to shape a sustainable living environment.
The working environment
You will be part of the “Buildings” department, positioned within the URBAN Business Line of Tractebel. The department is responsible for all the engineering related to the technical design of nearly all kinds of buildings, including tertiary and residential buildings, hospitals, industrial buildings, sport buildings, …. These projects go from the competition up to final commissioning.
The team counts about 150 engineers, architects, consultants, designers and support, present in Belgium on 4 different sites (Ghent, Hasselt, Brussels and Namur) and in Romania as well. You will be part of our team in Hasselt.
- You lead, motivate and manage a team of 12 architects and modelers for projects in Building.
- You are responsible for ensuring the respect of the quality, the planning and the wellbeing of your team.
- You will make sure that the projects assigned to your team will be executed in accordance to our quality system and our H&S rules.
- You report to the manager Buildings Hasselt
- You participate in the technical design of your projects (mainly in preliminary design).
- You enhance an integrated design process by looking transversally over the different disciplines involved.
- You prepare and submit architecture tenders and contracts (assistance of our sales team)
- You work together with internal partners (such as Project Managers, engineers MEP, structural engineers and infrastructure engineers in a constructive way.
- You work together with external partners (such as architects, other design and engineering consultancies, subcontractors, contractors during the construction phase, etc.) in a constructive way.
- Together with the client you are looking for the best solutions.
- You have a Master Architecture or Architectural Engineering (engineer-architect), Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- You have at least 10 years of experience with project management of multidisciplinary building projects;
- You are rather a generalist than a specialist, with background in Architectural engineering.
- The projects you worked on were preferably building projects with high environmental ambition;
- You were ideally involved in all aspects and phases of your projects: competition, design, studies, tender, execution, management,…);
- You have experience with competitive bidding (competitions): conceptual design, quick estimation of building cost, definition and negotiation of the fee, presentation to the client or authorities, etc.
- You have experience in conducting multidisciplinary projects in Construction with multiple stakeholders, time and budget constraints;
- You are familiar with project planning and management approaches and are project financials literate
- You are a team player;
- You are prepared to work with teams in our different regional offices (Brussel, Gent, Hasselt and Namur);
- You are Fluent in Dutch and you have a professional level of English and french.
- An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance.
- A stable work environment where professional growth and development are connected.
- An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
- A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Tractebel was born in Belgium 150 years ago and today is proud to be one of the world's largest engineering players for energy, water and infrastructure projects. Headquartered in Brussels and present in 33 countries, the company maintains five regional offices and one subsidiary in Belgium, from where more than 1600 staff members provide high-quality engineering and consulting services to private and public clients in the country and across the globe.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
- Posting Date: Jul 3, 2020