Application Engineer Job Description:
QBE is performing data center modernization and consolidation for a European customer. The project includes two datacenters, in two different countries, and multiple end users located at 44 sites in 29 countries. QBE leverages advances in cloud technology and automation to deliver enterprise capabilities to this customer and are in need of an Application Engineer.
The Application Engineer is responsible for application provisioning and application store management for enterprise end users. Tasks include defining type of workloads for virtual machines, defining application categories, application container templates including policies, workflows, and VM templates, and how an application is to be provisioned and distributed to end users. Tasks include provide enterprise service to standardize and centrally manage customized application creation, establishing and documenting defined baselines, system parameters and formats. They will manage the distribution of data, ensuring hardware and software systems compatibility, and ensure logs and alerts are available to assist in monitoring activities.
Core duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide routine and out of cycle reports to the system administrators and management detailing results
- Work with appointed system & application owners to explain output and reports, and provide SME knowledge of findings
- Effectively lead detailed technical discussions and develop and present required briefing materials to ensure the customer’s needs are met
- Thoroughly evaluate, validate, and execute application packages and validation cases, and ensure that packages provide detailed logs; document and provide evaluation results.
- Create, update, deploy, troubleshoot, and remove objects in the SCCM environment, sites, distribution points (DPs), and clients based on provided guidelines.
- Create, update, and delete dynamic and static collections and reports for installation, modification, and removal of applications.
- Manage trouble ticket queues; perform trend and root-cause analysis to resolve groups of trouble tickets; document efforts in the trouble ticket system.
- Provide weekly activity reports describing activities accomplished.
- Communicate effectively both orally and written with customers, stakeholders, and technical specialists.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Experience and knowledge in building scripts (e.g. PowerShell, AutoIT, batch file scripting, Wise Script, WINbatch) for needs of unique application/package builds
- Experience and hands-on experience with SQL and VB Script
- Experience using SCCM reporting, including running compliance reports and creating customize reporting
- Experience in validating and executing packages within the SCCM environment
- Experience administrating Microsoft Windows Server environments
- Experience administrating VMWare products
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Windows Desktop OS (Win7, Win10)
- Work is primarily in Belgium and requires some travel to other International customer sites.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
10+ of related Exp.
TOP SECRET Clearance
QBE W2 Salaried Employee Benefits Overview
Company Paid Ancillary
· Short Term Disability
· Long Term Disability
· QBE participates in a 401K plan through ADP. Employees are eligible to enroll in the 401K plan after the first payroll cycle and can make adjustments to their plan at any time. There is no vesting period for QBE 401K plan.
· Health: QBE offers a PPO plan as well as HSA medical plan through Cigna.
· Health Savings Account: Option to contribute pretax dollars if enrolled in specific medical plan. QBE contributes $1250 into the HSA account for all enrolled. This is funded quarterly.
· Dental through Delta Dental with a very robust $5000 maximum benefit
· Vision through Cigna
· Life Insurance through Lincoln Financial
· Spousal Life Insurance through Lincoln Financial
· Child Life Insurance through Lincoln Financial
· Critical Illness through CHUBB
· Accident Plan through CHUBB
· Employees are offered tuition assistance toward furthering their education every calendar year. Requests must be approved by QBE Management.
Paid Time Off (PTO):
· QBE has a paid time off (PTO) plan that combines vacation, sick, and personal days into one allotment for maximum flexibility. Employees are entitled to 15 days during the year.
Federal Holiday’s Observed:
· New Year’s Day
· Martin Luther King, Jr Birthday
· Washington’s Birthday
· Memorial Day
· Independence Day
· Labor Day
· Columbus Day
· Veteran’s Day
· Christmas Day
Other non-monetary benefits:
In addition to standard benefits, QBE has made significant efforts to create a close-knit culture focused on collaboration and trust in each other. We accomplish this through activities such as:
· Regular All-Hands meetings for employees to interact with each other
· Team building events
· Employer match towards Charitable contributions
· Annual Summer Family picnic
· Annual Holiday party
Quality Business Engineering