In the role of Senior Buyer, you will be responsible for a group of product categories with an annual spend of around €40 million linked to maintenance and extension of our IT systems in Belgium and Germany. You will act as an intermediary between the internal customer and suppliers and will help boost the company's results by increasing the efficiency of procurement processes and optimising the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), bearing in mind the needs of internal customers.
In this capacity you will be responsible for:
- defining and putting into practice a structured and innovative procurement strategy in line with the existing procurement policy;
- developing a relationship of trust with internal customers in Belgium and Germany by providing added value when determining procurement needs;
- conducting market studies, negotiating contracts and fostering positive, long-term relationships with key suppliers, using contract-management tools;
- implementing procurement contracts using an ERP system;
- leading multifunctional teams based on open and structured cooperation.
- You have a Master's degree in a relevant subject as well as commercial and/or procurement experience.
- You are fluent in English, Dutch and French. Knowledge of German is a plus.
- You have the empathy and maturity needed to build a relationship of trust with customers, suppliers and team members.
- You enjoy working independently in a leadership role but are also a team player.
- You can communicate assertively and in a structured way.
- You have a highly analytical mind, allowing you to achieve results quickly.
- You have the required negotiating skills.
- You have a sound understanding of information technology and data communications.
- You have a good understanding of legal principles and are comfortable drafting and interpreting contractual clauses.