Reporting to the Team Lead, you will create purchase orders for all spend streams in accordance with agreed purchasing processes and in compliance with corporate contracts and all other relevant standards. You will also act as the daily operational contact between Purchasing and several manufacturing sites.
Additionally, as the Operational Buyer, you will:
- Ensure the parameters of the Purchase orders are in line with the agreed Commercial conditions.
- Be responsible for the Data Management related to the Purchasing activities (price, PIR, outline agreement)
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure on-time information exchange on supply of goods and services with the relevant stake holders and work together to solve supply constraint situations.
- Keep information in the system accurate and updated to ensure Supplier Performance measurements
- Complaint management in the agreed timeframe
- Guarantee a timely and efficient “Purchase to pay” process according to organization requests and needs
- Support the operational team as part of the backup routine.
- Act as the first point of contact for Operational support to all our business partners.
- Work with different tools (ERP, Ariba, reporting, complaints)
- Participate in optimization projects when required related to Operational Purchasing
- Share experiences with peers and report updates during internal team meetings
- Contribution to KPI/targets
- This position requires a Bachelor degree in a relevant disciple, or equivalent by experience in areas such as Purchasing, Business, Administration, Finance, Customer Service, Logistics or Supply Chain
- You are open minded and customer oriented
- You have a fluent level in English, plus any additional European language (either German, Spanish, or French)
- You are able to demonstrate strong communication skills with the ability to successfully develop relationships with key stakeholders, suppliers and other functions
- You have an affinity with IT, with the ability to pick up new processes and systems quickly. SAP knowledge is a plus. Experience in master data maintenance is an asset.
- You are a team player
- You have an analytical and achievement-oriented mindset
Huntsman Corporation is a publicly traded global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated and specialty chemicals with 2019 revenues of approximately $7 billion. Our chemical products number in the thousands and are sold worldwide to manufacturers serving a broad and diverse range of consumer and industrial end markets. We operate more than 70 manufacturing, R&D and operations facilities in approximately 30 countries and employ approximately 9,000 associates within our four distinct business divisions. For more information about Huntsman, please visit the company's website at www.huntsman.com.